Saturday 13 September 2014

Gramatik

Born in Slovenia, Denis Jasarevic's musical adventure began at the age of three, when his mother would catch him listening to American jazz, funk and soul on the radio and his older sister's cassette tapes. Later, he would discover the hip-hop culture and was already producing beats on his PC at age thirteen. Adopting the stage name Gramatik, he would share his tracks through the online store Beatport, which helped his career take off ("Gramatik"). 

Jasarevic is a big advocate of file sharing.  He explains, "As an artist that based his entire career on the platform of free file sharing, I'm dedicating it to the fight against severe internet censorship bills we've been hearing about so much in the past months. Bastards have been trying to cripple the internet on a global scale with bills like ACTA/SOPA/PIPA and I'm sure there's more of them coming, so this one goes out for spreading awareness! Reject them all, they will never stop the sharing, the Internet is our realm, DIGITAL FREEDOM ("Gramatik")!"

Just for fun, here is what Gramatik says on his Facebook bio:
"Hi I'm Gramatik. This is my page. I make music sometimes. But most of the time I just like to smoke weed. And then download my favourite TV shows illegally. My favourite colour is black and I'm not a Vegan. I have a moustache. Do you liek me yet? (Facebook)"

LINKS:
Old is New Again, Gramatik re-imagining The King Cole Trio's "Hit That Jive Jack": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m2zGncgLjw


REFERENCES:

"Gramatik." 2014. Retrieved from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gramatik

"Gramatik." (n.d.) Facebook. Retrieved September 13, 2014 from: https://www.facebook.com/gramatik/info

No comments:

Post a Comment